Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Biggest Loser - A Formula for Failure or Success?

The Biggest Loser - A Formula for Failure or Success?

By Leslie Maltz, Owner

Backyard Bootcamp

Topham Street Gym

As a trainer in Hollywood, it's almost imperative that I watch The Biggest Loser each week. You might think I watch it because I can relate to the trainers, but in fact it's just the opposite.

I watch it for the same reason I want to look at a car accident - it's horrible, but fascinating at the sametime.

One of my biggest pet peeves about this show is what it has done to the mindset of the individual who is looking to drop a few pounds. I have clients who come to me weekly asking "Why can't I lose weight like they do on The Biggest Loser? I'm only losing 3 pounds a month while they can lose 3 pounds in a day!"

Biggest Loser Diet Turned Deadly? by laurasmoncur.



Sally Housewife is getting the impression that huge weight loss is normal in one week, which of course - IT ISN'T!


Watching this show has somehow conditioned people to think that if you can't lose at least 3 pounds in one week, there's something wrong with you. NOT SO. A 3lb. weight loss per week is actually VERY GOOD!! When I see someone dropping 3lbs. in a week in one of my programs, I am happy. It means they're eating as I suggest and are showing up for their workouts.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that self-motivation is something that the general public will need to succeed and unfortunately, very few have it. The Biggest Loser contestants don't need self-motivation. They get their motivation from the following:


A. ACCOUNTABILITY to their trainer, their team, the public and their families

B. MONEY as a reward for their success

C. LIFE or death.


Most people trying to lose a few pounds don't have any of these three conditions present and are therefore less motivated to get to their goal.


You're not alone in your efforts to lose weight and reduce fat, but you are if you don't get someone to help you.

"People who achieve their goals, are winners and not losers and that will carry over into your entire life!"
~ Leslie

Upper Body Cove Circuit
In order to prove to all those Biggest Loser fanatics that you can lose from 5-11 pounds without starving yourself and without having to workout for 5 hours a day 7 days a week, I decided to come up with The Biggest Winner Challenge Program. This 21 day program is designed to show people how to losing weight in a healthy, safe and realistic manner. I am going to document the progress and results for the world to see!

The program is limited to only 10 particants for just $99! To qualify to be one of our test subjects, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Have been non-active for a year or more;
2. Not worked out with a trainer in over 2 years;
3. Have poor eating habits;
4. Commit to working out with me a minimum of 3x/week for 3 weeks;
5. Commit to keeping a food journal of all food consumed for 21 days.

If you, or someone you know may be interested in losing 5-11 lbs in 21 days for only $99, contact me at
leslie@backyardbootcamp.org or call me at 818-633-5180


This offer is limited to only 10 lucky participants and spots are already filling up.
There are 7 spots left!
This special program will start on October 21. CALL TODAY and lose 5-11 lbs. in just 21 days!


Tell somebody you love about "The Biggest Winner Program" and be a part of their success too!

 Leslie Maltz, NASM & NFPT, CPT

818-633-5180

No comments:

Post a Comment